• Julien Charbit

Do I Need A Boat License In Spain

If you are looking for renting a boat or catamaran in Ibiza Spain ,You need to know that you will need a proper sailing training certificate icat or license to operate rate a boat in Ibiza Spain.

Today we go over the types of Spanish sailing licenses certificate .

Recreational yacht are considered all boats for leisure purposes.It is a pleisure craft is is limited up to 24 meters size, and up to 12 passengers aboard including the skipper and . Spanish Nautical licenses and requirements

  • Licencia de navegación, Before was known as Titulin. This license is authorised through schools and allows to operate a boats up to 6 meters of length and up to 2 NM from the coast and it allows you to sail only in day time.

  • Patrón de navegación basica. This sailing license is allow you to sail on a boat up to 8 meters and up to 5 miles frome the coast both sailing and power.

  • The recreational boat skipper is the most famous license. It allows you to sail on a yacht up to 15 meters of length and up to 12 miles frome the coast. it is also can be increase the size of the length of the boat up to 24 meters and you can navigate between the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands.

  • Patron de yate allows you to sail on a boat up to 24 meters in length and up to 150 miles from coast . 150 NM means that you can sail almost throughout the all Mediterranean sea and reach the Canary Islands taking the coast of Morocco as a reference.

  • Capitan de Yate is allow to operate a vassal up to 24 meters and without dictens restriction from the coast of navigation by sea or ocean.

  • On the other hand, we need to know that it is not not necessary to obtain a license to operate a motor boat up to 5 meters, and up to power of 15 hp and the distance from the coast is op to 2 miles. If you have a sailing boat of 6 meters in length you will not need a title. All this, in daytime navigation.

Now we know which sailing license exist in spain, You should go to a nautical school and take a theoretical and practical course on safety and navigation.

If you want more information about the Spanish or international boating license in Spain , you can contact us and we will help you INA International Nautical Academy.


448 views0 comments

INA Blog

Contact Us 

+(34)919-010-259 phone/whatsapp


International Nautical Academy

Open 7 days a week:

Monday-Friday  9am-8pm

Saturday  9am-8pm

Sundays  9am-8pm


Our office is located in IBIZA Island

Diseminado P 19 N S Jesus, 192, 07849, 07849


Thanks for submitting!

Waht are you interested in: